From Sonja's Recipe Folder
Cinnamon Attack Waffles with Ice Cram
1 1/2 Cups Milk
1 1/2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
3 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
5 Tablespoons Melted Butter
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
1 Cup Cinnamon and Sugar Combo
1 Carton Ice Cream
- Preheat your waffle iron. Put the cinnamon sugar in a shallow bowl or dish and set aside.
- Whisk the milk, egg, salt, and brown sugar together in a bowl. Whisk in the baking powder until the mixture has a light frothy texture.
- Melt the butter in a small pan on the stove top until it just barley begins to bubble. Slowly mix the butter into the bowl with the other ingredients. Don't pour it in too fast or the butter will re-solidify in clumps.
- Mix in the flour until the dough has a nice smooth texture.(The batter should be slightly thin.)
- Pour the batter into the hot waffle iron and let cook. Every waffle iron is different so stay close by to watch the waffle as it cooks.
- While the waffle cooks, heat up a skillet with the cooking oil in it.
- Once the waffle smells and looks done go ahead and take it out and lay it in the hot oil. Fry the waffle for a few seconds on each side until it is crispy and brown.
- Remove the waffle from the oil and place it in the dish of cinnamon sugar, turning it over until the waffle if fully coated.
- Finally, place it on a plate and scoop one round ball of ice cream, placing it on top while the waffle is still hot. Serve immediately.
Available through Kindle and in print.
Buy your copy now by clicking the image on the left!
"The best in the series so far! This is easily becoming one of my favorites series to read."
-kvw9153 (Amazon reviewer)