Mom's Homemade Waffles
1 1/2 Cups Milk
1 1/2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
3 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
5 Tablespoons Melted Butter
1 1/2 Cups Flour
Real Maple Syrup (For Topping)
1. Preheat your waffle iron.
2. Whisk the milk, egg, salt, and brown sugar together in a bowl. Whisk in the baking powder until the mixture has a light frothy texture.
3. Melt the butter in a small pan on the stove top until it just barley begins to bubble. Slowly mix the butter into the bowl with the other ingredients. Don't pour it in too fast or the butter will re-solidify in clumps.
4. Mix in the flour until the dough has a nice smooth texture.
5. Pour the batter into the hot waffle iron and let cook. Every waffle iron is different so stay close by to watch the waffle as it cooks. Once the waffle smells and looks done go ahead and take it out. The perfect waffle is elegantly brown and crispy on the outside and warm and fluffy on the inside.
6. Butter the waffle while its hot. Top with the real maple syrup and any other fruit or toppings you enjoy.
Available through Kindle and in print.
Buy your copy now by clicking the image on the left!
"The Wicked Waffle proves Hunter has the mettle to become one of the best paranormal mystery scribes in the business."
- Diane Morasco of Examiner