Gouda Waffles With Chocolate Drizzle
2 Cups Milk
1 1/2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
3 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
5 Tablespoons Melted Butter
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Crumbled Gouda Cheese
1/2 Cup Chopped Dried Dates
1 Tablespoon Dark Chocolate Drizzle
1. Preheat your waffle iron. (It is beat to use a waffle iron that makes thinner, crispier waffles. If you don't have one, any waffle iron will do.)
2. Whisk the milk, egg, salt, and brown sugar together in a bowl. Whisk in the baking powder until the mixture has a light frothy texture.
3. Melt the butter in a small pan on the stove top until it just barley begins to bubble. Slowly mix the butter into the bowl with the other ingredients. Don't pour it in too fast or the butter will re-solidify in clumps.
4. Mix in the flour until the dough has a nice smooth texture.(The batter should be slightly thin.)
5. Pour the batter into the hot waffle iron and let cook. Every waffle iron is different so stay close by to watch the waffle as it cooks. Once the waffle smells and looks done go ahead and take it out. The perfect waffle is elegantly brown and crispy on the outside and warm and fluffy on the inside. Butter the waffle while its hot.
6. Crumble the Gouda cheese on top of the waffle, adding as little or as much as you like.
7. Add the pre-chopped dried dates on top. If you prefer more dates, go ahead and add more.
8. Finally, slowly drizzle the chocolate over the top. You can use pre-bought drizzle or you can make your own drizzle by gently melting down a dark chocolate bar in a small saucepan on the stove.
Available through Kindle and in print.
Buy your copy now by clicking the image on the left!
"This is an amazing culinary/ paranormal cozy that will have you hooked from the start."
-Penny S. Marks (Amazon reviewer)